Remembering Faith Elizabeth

Remembering Faith Elizabeth

Thursday, June 17, 2010

I know I haven't blogged in awhile - mostly because I know that no one is actually reading this yet! But, maybe one day.

School is out for the summer! And, for the first time in five years, I am not teaching summer school. What a nice break! : ) Though I'd like to say I've been all sorts of productive, that would be a lie. What have I done this summer?

1) Cleaned the house and mopped the kitchen floor. Sounds small, but it feels good to have a clean house.

2) Read. Finished The Girl Who Played with Fire. Currently working on The Lace Reader and The Battle of the Labyrinth.

3) Cross-stiched my fingers to the bone for a secret project. Sshh....

4) Met my sister in Chicago for a sister weekend.

5) Went to Montauk State Park with my husband and Josh (Jamie's cousin) for a trout fishing trip. Josh was far more successful than Jamie and I were!

6) Planned our trip to Denver.

So, haven't done much, but I'm enjoying myself. I'm loving the fact that I have no schedule and can do pretty much whatever I want, whenver I want. To add icing to the cake, Jamie has finally gotten back to work! In just a few weeks, he has made as much as I would have made teaching summer school, so it has worked out quite well. We have officially paid off the second mortgage on the house that had a piddly amount sitting on a low-interest credit card! That is an awesome feeling...we have one measley credit card left to pay off and...voila! We will owe no one for anything except the house and the car! Who can say that? After a lot of hardship, we are beginning to feel like maybe we are turning a corner. Maybe, just maybe, there is hope on the horizon after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment